Turkish Straits Restrictions:
- Due to local regulations, any kind of contact (except sanitary inspection and pilotage) to Cypriot Flag/owned/managed vessels is forbidden by local authorities.
- Dangerous cargo carriers over 200 meters are subject to day time passage through Turkish Straits, and during the passage of daylight restricted vessels, the passage of other vessels may be delayed/postponed by TSVTSC.
- Overloaded vessels are prohibited from transit through Turkish Straits.
- Air Draft restriction: 58 meters (Over 53,99 m vessels are subject to special permission)
- LOA Restriction: 299,99 meters (over 300 meters are subject to special permission)
- Draft Restriction: N/A for vessels, but draft more than 15 meters may require early
- application than usual practice (SP1 Report is required 96 hours advance).
- P&I Club Coverage: (For over 500 GT Vsls) must cover salvage, wreck removal, pollution, and damage to the environment, damage to the collided objects, injuries and death of third party persons, etc.
- Transit Anchorage: Vessels are allowed to stay at the anchorage only for 48 hours
- (unless ordered by VTSC).
- Staying at the anchorage more than 72 hours is subject to an anchorage fee.
- IMCO Cargo: Vessels containing dangerous cargo under IMO IMDG code 1-2-3-5.1-5.2-6.2-7 and with dangerous gas are considered as dangerous cargo carrier, therefore VTSC treats those vessels as a tanker with IMCO 3 cargo on board which may result in some additional condition during the passage, including daylight restricted passage thru Dardanelles and Bosphorus.